Saturday, November 7, 2009

New York

Soooo annoyed right now. It's 10pm and I just Spent 2 hours writing an updated blog and it's didn't send and I lost it. Arg so annoyed
so you'll get a brief one as I'm drooping :)

I have also realised the time change and my busy and emotional schedule makes me exhausted at end of most days and ready for bed so instead of blogging everyday I'll do every 2-3 days

Wednesday
flew to new York
new York is incredible
I would normally say I am a country person but I'd live here. In fact I would rather live here then Sydney or Brisbane
new York is now the safest big city in the world. Even safer then our cities
many Would remember it hasn't always been this way but they have worked hard

The people that picked me up on we'd nite were so cool they took me the long way and through time square
it's incredible. No movie or photos would do justice
it's so bright you feel like it's day time and few streets after it's pitch dark again
incredible

Thursday
SLEEP IN
trying to catch up on jetlag. Now 14 hours behind aust

I got up into the freezing cold 2 degrees and got a hot chocolate at one of the 200 starbucks in new York and then boarded my pre booked hop on hop off ticket
loved driving around looking at all the gorgeous Victorian homes and the arcitecturr is so beautiful.
Then. Went to the place I have dreamt of seeing my whole life. I would move here for this place
CENTRAL PARK. = stunning
autumn Here is just stunning it is breaktaki
I put some photos on face book and will try put some on here
just stunning
central park is like an oasis and it's so big that they say it would take months to see and spend time at everything
I got lost in my own world there for almost 8 hours. I will be going back lots only got a quarter done
I was in awe of the beaut my of the trees and Gods creation and was on utter bliss picnicing near the lake and then next to ice skating ring watching families and couples in love enjoy and laugh together. It is a joyous fun place. I actually felt it was a climpse of heaven. Probably sounds silly but it was just so peaceful and joyous
can't wait to go back in few days
I would love to bring all my family here for Christmas one day and whoever I marry. Already they are preparing for thanksgiving and Christmas and it's so beautiful
they are predicting snow soon. Pray hard it comes before I go. J would love that. Never seen snow
:)

I am loving where I'm staying. It's right in city near eveythjnb. It's a salvation army place for young girls (and few elderly) who move tk city for study or to start there career. It is a place they can be surrounded by godly influence and support and be safe
it's like a motel it's so pretty
the food is great and it's nice meeting people over brekkie lunch and tea

Friday
Friday was a big day
spent day with social justice workers from area
meet with foster program that is part of the salvation army. So impressed with how fostering is handled here. The army is helping to connect families or when needed to find loving adoption homes for children. Even teenagers. The government is doing great Here with fostering. They have seen what is best for the children and it's great. I learnt so much. Spent a lot of time asking God what I can do with that. Should I talk to our federal government ?? I don't know yet
was great
got to learn a little about the admin side of their HIV program and on Monday I'll be going around seeing the differnt programs. Can't wait. Really have a heart for those suffering HIV

Then I spent hours with social worker here at new York salvationarmy church. Was so good. Showed me through their clothing drive for homeless and their pantry for those in need. They are assessed and they give out hundreds of bags of basic groceries and necessities once a month. So cool. They do employment help and job training and finding epople home.they have a soup kitchen evryday where I'll get to go help next week
they really have a big need for help for the homeless during winter it's so cold that police have said there are times when a homeless person has frozen to death through the night. My heart broke over that and cried and have spent lots of time meditating on that and what else we can do

Was great and very emotinally draining and heart breaking day bit was sk great and eye openin. I am learning so much

So tired I will tell u about saturday (which is today) tomorrow
saw some amazing centrs and homes

Get to go around to all different churches yomortow
first is salvos in time square
love u and miss u all
get on facebook and check out photos and email me or MSG me. I miss u so much
u can send me an email too
robboleah@hotmail.com

Need to hear all my special peoples voices or words at least. Love u so much
blessings from new York

No comments:

Post a Comment