Monday, November 23, 2009

The UK

Hi everyone#
This will only be a very short blog as I am in an internet cafe
Let me just say that I am missing you all a lot
I am now in London and arrived here on late friday nite

My accommodation is in a big old mansion the salvation army has. its beautiful and I have a big flat.
Sadly its more costly then what I have paid anywhere and not quite sure on how Im going to pay but God will provide.
All my friends in London cant have me at this time. Where I'm staying although lovely is quite a little way out but its on a train line so its not too bad. but its at the top of a hill and to get there you go up a narrow road surrounded by bush and its very creepy. And I mean very creepy..in fact I hate it.
As it gets dark here so early (4.30pm) I have to be home early to miss the dark. Saturday nite my first day here I went out for little while and thought id get home before dark. well i got home at 4.30pm and it was pitch black and I was very scared and nervous walking up there. You would understand if you saw it. and the thing is there's no one really around - i could scream and no one would hear. I am not sure what to do tomorrow as I am going on day tour and it doesn't arrive back in to London till 6pm and then by time I get home it wont be till like 7.30pm.. trying to work out if i can get a taxi just to take me up there.
will work something out.
I'm very lnoely. After new york and LA where I was staying in places either in a families home or in New york at big residence for girls. So i had company when ever i needed it. My dear old lady friend ( who reminds me a lot of my grandma) cried and cried when I left and my young single officer friend who I had become good friends with made me feel so special when I left.. They all did.. i felt like I have a new adopted family now - one in LA and one in New york.
I am quite lonely here.
I don't do any work till wedensday so yeah.
Went to church on Sunday and that was great. They made me feel welcome and 2 17 year olds. one guy and one girl sat with me and took care of me.
I really wanted to go back at night to the youth service but wouldn't as it would mean id have to walk up long dark alley way.

I am suffering from a lot of jetlag - my poor body. But my chest infection and flu is starting to heal. Its a bit warmer in London.
So doing a tour tomorrow and wednesday and thursday seeing some anti trafficking projects. Friday I leave for my 21day HOLIDAY through europe. Then after that i'm back into seeing programs in paris and around here.

Missing you all... to all those wondering NO i haven't meet any guys my age or around my age that are single - except for 18 yr old guys who Ive become friends with. Its the normal story. I always meet great young guys and make great buddies but all those my age are married or just not any around.

Missing my little girl kahlan - she says to me on phone - hello mummy leah miss you mummy leah - love you :)

and I miss my parents and brothers and sisters and my 4 girls ( neices) and my little man ( nephew) and missing all my girls ( girlfriends :)
give yourself a big hug from me everyone

Please be praying for a miracle in my finances and with accomodation and that I'll make some friends soon. Please pray that on bus tour there will be some christians or some great people I can connect with - especially my room mate.

Keep living for Jesus, I have beem having problems with phone here in london - will be getting new sim card for while here soon so will inform you of new number when got it. so if i take longer to reply to text or email or facebook thats whyl there is not reception or wifi where i stay
I'm going to leave you with a verse God gave me.
When i was crying the other day cause of worrying about expenses ( one's that i wasn't informed of ) I turned on my bible on my iphone and up popped this verse - now just so you know I had not looked for this verse at all ever on this phone.. it just popped up from God.

isaiah 41 verse 9 - ( the message version)
(read whole thing in your bible - its powerful verse)
vs9 - I pulled you in from all over the world, called you in from every dark place from every corner of the earth,
I'm telling you, ''Your my servant, serving on my side
Ive picked you, I havent dropped you.
Don't panic, I'm with you
Theres no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you
I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. Count on it. Everyone who had it in for you will end up in the cold - real losers...
vs 12
when you go out looking for adversaires you won't find them- not a trace of your old enemy.
not even a memory
Thats right - because I your God, have a firm grip on you and I won't let go. I'm telling you Don't panic - I'm right here to help you...
14 Do you feel like a lowly worm, jacob? ( LEAH - yes at times I have felt this)
Don't be afraid
Feel like a fragile insect?
I'll help you
I , God want to reassure you. The God who buys you back, the holy of Israel. I'm transforming you from worm to harrow, from insect to iron
as a sharp- toothed harrow ( strong) you'll smooth our the mountains, turn those tough old hills into loamy soils. You'll open the rough ground to the weather to the blasts of the sun and wind and rain.
But you'll be confident and EXUBERANT
you'll be expanisve in the holy of Israel


Its awesome hey - God reminded me not to fear He is with me.. and He will provide money or the things I need as long as I rely completely on Him. He has reminded me that although at times in past and now I have felt like a little weak worm - a lowly worm - that God is transforming me into something strong. Something that will have the power to change things - to smooth the mountains ( or to smooth out the enemy and hard times - to help people )
I am becoming what God wants me to be - and this trip is allowing God to mould me and transform me into something powerful and strong for him
Love you all thank you for your support.
BLESSINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment